Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So, Perrier is full of radioactive isotopes?


(click image for closer look)
Currently, the Broadway/Lafayette subway station is awash with new executions of the new-ish Perrier: Shittier campaign. Sure, the artwork makes for very attention-grabbing posters. But once grabbed, my mind fails to comprehend what exactly the strategy of this wonderfully art directed shit is. First, you seemed to be trying to tell me that drinking Perrier is "edgy." Then, that it's macho to be seen quaffing your bubbly French water. And now, it's "Heavier"—the perfect water for aging fans of Bachman-Turner Overdrive to wash their quaaludes down with. (I do appreciate the name of the band on the standing guy's t-shirt, "Fungal.").
previously in bottled water:
1. That's the ugliest cumulus cloud I've ever seen.
2. Fred Water: Anthropomorphism to the power of Retarded.
3. 50's packin'. Nutrients.

3 Comments:

Blogger ricpic said...

I like it. God help me, I like it.

7:15 PM  
Blogger RFB said...

They're mixing it with something. No self-respecting member of Fungal would be down on the floor writhing in pleasure off of Perrier alone.

9:31 PM  
Blogger hillary b said...

When I saw this in Entertainment Weekly two weeks ago, I couldn't wait for you to see it and weigh in. I stared at the ad for a good 3 minutes trying to make sense of it all, even after seeing other pieces from this campaign.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home