Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dumb MENSA ad.

(click ad) Via Poland. Go ahead, try to figure it out. It took me a bit, because I suck at logic tests. But that's not the point. The point is: what's the fucking point of this ad? Are they trying to recruit members? Trying to promote themselves? Trying to incite hackers to destroy their website (if you're a hacker, I say go for it)? Previously in stupid ads for smart people: Barclays' dumb MENSA ad; The Economist tries childish drawings; Spanish newspaper El Pais invites you to play: What's wrong with this 9/11 photo? Nortel's horrible airport ad placement.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is not a boast; that seriously took me 3 seconds to figure out. The "xxx" is the big give away. They can't seriously think that this is a brain bender worthy of Mensa members. If so, they just lowered the mensa bar. If a bonehead like me can figure it out....

12:53 PM  
Blogger garrito said...

Agreed, Anonymous. And if they were really smart, they would have left the answer off the bottom right side of the page. "Ooooh, let's put it upside down, too! People are stupid. Ha ha ha."

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually fun and engaging to have to figure something out in an ad for a change. As long as you realize there is something you're supposed to be figuring out.

That's the problem here. Liked it on the blogs, wouldn't even look it in "real" life.

Also their website is horse shit for dick heads.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's not even rot13. Too simple.

When I was a teenager, I wondered whether Mensa was interesting. Then I found out their IQ lower limit and laughed. I decided that Mensa members aren't smart enough to get into my club, but boy did they have some hilarious online personals in the late 90s.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home