Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Infographic: Is this what your ad agency is like?

(click image)
For some incomprehensible reason, a creative from Toronto ad agency Grip Limited sent me this "Anatomy of an Agency" infographic they created. I work at a very small place, so I'm not going to comment on the jokes here. I've leave that up to you hovering vultures.
Previous ad industry infographics:
• copywriters are douchebags.
• graphic designers are pathetic.
• the evolution of the asinine ad exec, 1960-2011.

5 Comments:

Blogger phillibuster said...

Accounts art directing is spot on. The art director's time sheet seems about right. No idea about the copywriters, never deal with them. The developer ones seem to be just pretty standard nerd/gamer references. And my only interaction with our finance people is either awkwardly saying hello to them when I see them walking into the office, or them telling me to do my timesheets.

Damn timesheets.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The art director's favorite position should be different. Whoever is standing behind him should be standing in the front, fellating the director. Am I right, Copyranter?

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Account folks like to write copy too.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a typo there.

8:49 AM  
Blogger melissa. said...

Can't really disagree. Also agree that accounts people like to write the copy too. Excessively.

As a copywriter though I never want to also devote whatever I have of my "free time" to writing. No first draft of a novel for me. Fuck that. In my drawer it's booze and a bunch of CDs to listen to when I'm blissfully ignoring everyone around me.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home